When you use these services, you'll share some information with us. So, we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here's a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a Bubbler account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth. Other services, such as commerce products, may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we'll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you've used and how you've used them. We might know, for instance, that you collected a discount from a particular retailer, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time, and purchased a product/experience through the Bubbler app. Here's a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which retailers you interact with most, which discounts you collect and use, which subgenre of retailer you use discounts for, or which search queries you submit.
- how often you interact with the Bubbler app, how often you collect discounts, how often you use the discounts you have collected before they expire.
We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected; and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
When you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies.
We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you've used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link your Bubbler account to another service (such as a third-party app), we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyse trends and usage.
- personalise our services by, among other things, suggesting retailers, profile information, nearby discounts, or customising the content we show you, including ads.
- conValueualise your experience by, among other things, showing you where you've shopped before using your precise location information (if, of course, you've given us permission to collect that information) and applying other p>s based on the content, such as what products you purchased.
- provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you've given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity.
- use information we've collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- information about how you have interacted with our services, the retailers you interact with, the products you buy, and other information that will allow our clients to personalise their discounts to you. For example, if we know what you buy, we also know what you don't. Retailers won't push discounts and adverts that Bubbler knows you don't want, helping to create the rewarding experience that Bubbler strives for.
- any additional information you have directed us to share. For example, Bubbler will share your information when you connect your Bubbler account to a third-party app, and if you share information or content from Bubbler to the third-party app.
With all Bubbler Users, our business partners, and the general public.
We may share the following information with all Bubbler Users as well as with our business partners and the general public:
- Public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
With our affiliates.
We may share information with entities within the Bubbler Limited family of companies.
With third parties.
We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps. Learn more here.
- We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Bubbler Limited gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may contain third-party content and integrations. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to Bubbler Limited. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Bubbler aims to give you the best experience possible, by learning about your interests and where it could potentially help save you money or give you an exciting offer. Therefore, Bubbler Limited may keep track of information such as recent purchase history and retailers interacted with, as well as the information you have given us. This information will be re-written, and subsequently deleted over time depending on how often you interact with the Bubbler app.
We store other information for longer periods of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, and email address—and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use. For example, if you use the Map, we store information about your favourite places for up to 40 days so we can personalise and improve your experience.
We're constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content and advertisements. If you ever decide to stop using Bubbler, you can just ask us to delete your account. We'll also delete most of the information we've collected about you after you've been inactive for a while—but don't worry, we'll try to contact you first!
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
Access, Correction, and Portability.
You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
While we hope you'll remain a lifelong Bubbler User, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can do so in the Bubbler app. You can also delete some information in the app, such as past discounts and search history.
We try to show you ads that we think will be relevant to your interests. If you would like to modify the information we and our advertising partners use to select these ads, you can do so in the app and through your device preferences.
Users in the European Union
If you're a user in the European Union, you should know that Bubbler Limited is the controller of your personal information. Here is some additional information we would like to bring to your attention:
Rights of Access, Deletion, Correction, and Portability
You can exercise your rights of access, deletion, correction, and portability as described in the Control Over Your Information section above.
Bases for Using Your Information
Your country only allows us to use your personal information when certain conditions apply. These conditions are called 'legal bases' and, at Bubbler, we typically rely on one of four:
One reason we might use your information is because you've entered into an agreement with us.
Another reason we might use your information is because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve our services, including protecting your account, providing customer support, and helping you find content we think you'll like. Because most of our services are free, we also use some information about you to try and show you ads you'll find interesting. An important point to understand about legitimate interest is that our interests don't outweigh your right to privacy, so we only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data doesn't significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so.
In some cases, we'll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we'll make sure you can revoke your consent in our services or through your device permissions. Even if we're not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law, like when we respond to valid legal process or need to take action to protect our users.
Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to our use of your information. With many types of data, we've provided you with the ability to simply delete it if you don't want us processing it anymore. For other types of data, we've given you the ability to stop the use of your data by disabling the feature altogether. You can do these things in the app. If there are other types of information you don't agree with us processing, you can contact us.
We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United Kingdom and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information of EU users outside the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. For internal transfers, we rely on Model Contractual Clauses.
If you're based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. For example, if you're based in the UK, you can file a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Bubbler Limited is a company registered in England & Wales and is located at 45a Station Road, Willington, Beds, MK44 3QL, United Kingdom.
Our services are not intended for—and we don't direct them to—anyone under 13. And that's why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before we collect and use that information.